Subject to the provisions of The Karnataka Universities Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
- the constitution, functions and powers of the authorities of the University and such other bodies as may be declared to be authorities of the University from time to time;
- the appointment and continuance in office of members of the said authorities or bodies, including the continuance in office of the first members and the filling of vacancies of members and all other matters relating to those authorities or bodies of which it may be necessary or desirable to provide;
- the conferment of honorary degrees;
- holding of convocations for conferring degrees and diplomas; and issue of degree certificates in case of urgency before convocation.
- the withdrawal of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions;
- the establishment, maintenance and abolition of faculties, departments, hostels, colleges and institutions;
- the conditions under which colleges may be affiliated and such affiliation may be withdrawn.
- the institution, of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
- the institution, suspension or abolition of posts of Professors, Readers, Lecturers, ministerial and non-teaching posts;
- creation of posts;
- the method of recruitment of teachers in the universities and affiliated colleges: Provided that the scales of pay of the employees excluding those who are drawing University Grant Commission scales of pay shall be commensurate with the scales of pay applicable to State Government employees.
- the acceptance and management of bequests, donations and endowments.
- fees to be charged for the courses of study in the University and in the affiliated colleges and for admissions to the examinations, degrees and diplomas of the University.
- fees to be charged for the services rendered by the University;
- the conditions of service of the employees including the emoluments; and
- all other matters which by this Act are to be or may be provided for by the Statutes.