Dr.Lingaraja Gandhi is currently serving as Registrar (Evaluation), Bengaluru Central University, Central College Campus, Bengaluru. Basically Professor of English in the Postgraduate Department of Studies and Research in English, University of Mysore, Mysuru,Prof. Gandhi is engaged at University level teaching, research and administration for the past 34 years(since1983 and as Professor since 2007).
Prof.Gandhi served overseas as Visiting Professor of English in the University of IBB, Republic of Yemen for three years from 2007 to 2010. Has presented papers at Common wealth Conferences held in Stellenbosch University,Stellenbosch,SouthAfrica,University of Kelaniya,Colombo,SriLanka and IBB University, Republic of Yemen, and has visited Stanford, USA.
Prof.Gandhi’s academic contributions include among others his service as UGC Visiting Fellow in the Department of English, IKS University, Khairagarh, India(in 2004 and 2005) and as Course Coordinator in the Postgraduate Department of Studies and Researchin English from 2003 to 2007 and from 2010 to 2011.
Besides Prof.Gandhi has published a book, Connecting the Postcolonial (2006), College Development Council Handbook-2012, Co-authored a book, Newspapers in the Framework of Space: Mysore’s Urban Press(1982) & more than 75 articles and interviews(in reputed national and international journals, periodicals from India and overseas). Also, Prof.Gandhi who obtained his doctoral degree in 1997, has successfully guided five candidates to Ph.D degrees,and guiding five others. Has made more than 50 National and International Conference presentations held in India and abroad. Has delivered more than 200 special / plenary lecturers as Resource person in different Universities, Colleges and at the UGC Academic staff Colleges across the country.
Prof.Gandhi is also serving as a member of the Academic Council, Central University of Karnataka since 2015, and University ofMysore, since 2011. Prof.Gandhi has the rich experience in coordinating several international, national and regional conferences and workshops on Literature, culture studies, and Higher Education; more than 100 Refresher Courses, Orientation Programmes, and Short-term Courses of UGC-Academic Staff College for teaching and academic administrative staff; several Review meetings of Autonomous Colleges and Local Inquiry Committee Inspections pertaining to Affiliation of colleges in the last five years. His other accomplishments include his contributions as Member of Boards of Appointments (BOA’s), Selection committees, Assessment committees, Academic ,Administration and Audit(AAA) committees of University, UGC, ICAR and State Government;
Chairman / member of Boards of Studies(BOS),Boards of Examiners(BOE’s), Advisory Committees of UGC-Academic Staff Colleges, and several Academic and Administrative reforms committees.
Notable are Prof.Gandhi’s educational administrative services which include among others:
- Director, College Development Council(CDC), University of Mysore for five years (2011-16).
- Director, UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, (formerly, UGC-Academic Staff College) University of Mysore, Mysore, for four years (2012-2016).
- Director of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Board – PMEB, (2016-17), University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Nodal officer for RUSA, University of Mysore, Mysuru (2016-17).
- (e) Nodal Officer for University Ranking Surveys conducted by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi; THE World Ranking; The Week national ranking survey and Karnataka State University ranking conducted by KSURF, Govt. of Karnataka. The University of Mysore has secured 36th rank in India Ranking 2017, conducted by NIRF, MHRD and 9th Rank in India’s Best Universities 2017 conducted by The Week of which Prof.Gandhi served as the Nodal officer for India Ranking 2017.