Subject to the provisions of The Karnataka Universities Act and the Statutes of BCU, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely,
- admission of students to the University and their enrolment as such;
- courses of study for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
- degrees, diplomas and certificates and other requirements for the same and the measures to be taken relating to the granting and obtaining the same;
- conditions relating to the award of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
- conduct of examinations, including the terms of office and the duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
- conditions of residence of the students of the University;
- special arrangements, if any which may be made for the residence, discipline and teaching of women students and prescribing for them special course of study where necessary.
- regulating the giving of religious instruction;
- management of colleges and other institutions founded or maintained by the University;
- supervision and inspection of colleges and other institutions affiliated to the University;
- conditions for recognition of hostels not maintained by the University;
- health and discipline of, and disciplinary proceedings against, students in the University and in the affiliated colleges and other institutions;
- rules to be observed and enforced by the colleges and recognised institutions in respect of transfer of students; and
- all other matters which by this Act or by the Statutes are to be or may be provided for by the Ordinance.